No announcement yet.

headstock allen wrench holders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Schaller style screw on ones, Ive got them on almost all of my guitars. Beings that every one has a Floyd, they REALLY come in handy. Especially for that quick retune every week or so on the fly.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I like having them, so that if I need to unlock a string, onstage, I can do so, quickly, without a big production, or desperately searching for one. Otherwise, I'm putting my wrenches up on my amphead, and then losing them.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
        Allen wrench holders on the headstock are for people who only have one guitar and no tools.
        ROFL, I have "way too many guitars" (not my words), and like 10 million allen keys.... Still almost all of my guitars have a holder behind the headstock.

Just a thought, but maybe it has something to do with being lazy and always having the wrenches where they´ll actually be needed instead?

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
          Allen wrench holders on the headstock are for people who only have one guitar and no tools.
          I've got a few guitars with Floyds and they're all in different places...one in the basement, one in the kitchen, one in my locker in NY, ect. I hate only having one set of wrenches, and was planning on putting a holder on all the rest, but now I'll just buy a few of these stick ons

Comment

i got given one for free, teehee!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

haha lucky! i only have one floyd guitar. and i dont even have a full set of wrenches LOL i only have the nut and string lock wrench not the one to adjust the intonation.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                Just get a Trem Tool. They made these in the '80s, I got one and put it on the back of my Kramer's headstock. It's got 3M adhesive stuck on the back of it, works great. They're $6.79 at this site. http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/tools.htm
                £2.99 for us uk players. music inn has lots of 'em. no packaging and they're not official floyd ones but look identical to the one you've illustrated.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Cool. I bought mine in the '80s for my old Kramer, didn't even know they were still made. I was just doing a search for them and found the guitarpartsresource site. I wanted to put a holder on the back of my Charvel Star and didn't want to drill for a metal one. Then again, I just keep the wrenches in my case now anyway, so no big deal, plus I've got like a million different sized allen wrenches laying around the house anyway. LOL
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X