• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh... have fun removing the epoxy :P

Comment

Originally posted by savage
      ...the 81 is definitely a killer blade pup
      ...or maybe a killed pup. It sure sounds totally lifeless.

Comment

Blade pickups are great, I wish there were more of them available just like regular poled pickups. Dimarzios sound the best to me.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The X2N is the safest choice IMO...they seem to sound great in almost anything, although they are powerfully voiced (they tend to homogenize a guitars tone...they sound very much alike in almost anything that is equipped with them) and not very dynamic.
          The L500 is hit or miss in my experience. It is a more transparent pickup and seems to sound great in some guitars and lousy/thin in others. It is much more dynamic than the Dimarzio.
          For a single coil replacement, the Hot Rails kills for hard rock/metal, but you really lose the dynamics of a single coil.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
            What does a Nazi-caster look like? Sure sounds brutal lol
            It's a Jackson neck on a black Tele body with pink flames running across it and an Iron Cross on the upper horn. And it's Floyded.

Comment

L500XL all the way for me bro, I just traded a jackson rhoads V with one in the bridge for this sweet ass washburn dime model, and it's got a sd 59 in the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge, It (the dimebucker) sounds really nice, it's really clean, really clear, and really pantera like.

My only complaint is with a Dimebucker, I higher my mids and i sound like pantera. I lower my mids and I chunk and crunch like nothing you've ever heard. It's like the pickup is made with the mids at -15, so having a low mid set up would be a reallllllllly big no no.

but higher those mids and youre golden. But i'd rather have an L500XL, sound good and all shredderiffic and toneful and be able to lower my mids and crunch like you've never heard, instead of sound like a l500xl in pantera mode times 10 even with the mids highered

Comment

Working...
              X