Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dg may be on the right track here.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I don't know, I think your truss rod is screwed up. You should see a difference with about a 1/4 turn. What gauge strings are you using and do you tune down? The other thing is the truss rod is not going to affect the action or your fretting out problem much at all above the 12th fret. You may have to raise your action a little bit. Does your Jackson still have any warranty left? If it does I would see if your dealer could help you. Sorry about your problem.

Comment

Whens the last time you polished the frets? if you have very little relief at the high end abd it buzzes up there but no where else there could be some build up in the form of tarnish or finger crust that has left the frets up there to seem higher. I had an SL2 that had that problem. So i took all the strings off and used a very little bit of jewlers grade rubing compound on the frets. Restrung it and more buzz. Be carefull not to get any rubbing compound on the finger board tho. it wont hurt anything but it leaves a nice white powdery film at the frets. If you try this use some electrical or duct tape or masking tape or something to cover the board at the frest. cut to size and go at it gently.
        Gil

Comment

Something esle ive tried too. I had a les paul that seemd to be gettin a it of a twist at the high end around the 11-15th frets So I got experimental cus i didnt want to have my vintage LPC fret baord plained or do a fret job to compensate. i bought a set of 11 gauge strings and strung it backwards like a lefty leaving it set up for 9's. I left it tuned a half step high in pitch in its case for a few months. Checked on it periodicly and after about 4 months. (luckily i had other guitars at the time) It was back to straight as table top and no twist or dead spots. and it's still perfect after 4 years later. and switchin it back to 9's and strung the right way.
          Gil

Comment

Working...
          X