Stainless Steel Frets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mm2002
    Much less often? OK, my axe is 17 years old and doesn't need any fret work, so about how often are we talking here? Like every 25 years or so?

It'll last forever collecting dust hanging on the wall!!!! HAHHAHHAAA!!!!!!

Seriously though, how many hours a week do you play it on average?

Comment

Hold on here... I'm hearing about stainles steel frets for the first time, and this is quite intruiging. Does anyone have any pictures of these? This sounds amazing!
      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Damn you all! Now I want SS frets too!

Comment

I only heard about stainless steel STRINGS that were too bright sounding...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
            I only heard about stainless steel STRINGS that were too bright sounding...
            and they eat normal, non-ss frets, really fast too.

Comment

One other thing - SS frets won't tarnish either, so you won't have to clean them every now and their either, and they feel very 'slick' and smooth.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                and they eat normal, non-ss frets, really fast too.
                Yeah, like Dean Markley Blue Steels or GHS Super Steels. I used the BS strings for awhile but then went back to regular nickel-plated steel strings instead.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                  Some builders (Ed Roman) bitch about them - I don't think they affect the tone at all. What they DO affect is the tools used for fretwork, but if you do a good job in the first place the neck shouldn't have to have a whole lot of dressing anyways.

Pete
                  Oooh. don't say that name. That's like a 4-letter word, in most places. Besides, when DOESN'T he seem to bitch?
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Postal
                    It'll last forever collecting dust hanging on the wall!!!! HAHHAHHAAA!!!!!!

Seriously though, how many hours a week do you play it on average?
                    If I time warp, I can play it about 65 hours a day. I would play more, but people die, and it's really not worth it.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X