No announcement yet.

Trems: Recessed vs Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then it has something to do with that saddle . Or the little steel block that presses the string inside the saddle might be cracked If you have a OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2
      I understand what you're saying, I'm just a little confused what it has to do with the topic of discussion or my earlier comments(?). I dunno.

Sorry ... carry on.
      My point was that the guitar in question here doesn't have a "flush" mounted Floyd. That's all.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
        Then it has something to do with that saddle . Or the little steel block that presses the string inside the saddle might be cracked If you have a OFR.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer
          I've broken a couple of b strings in a year, are you tightening the floyd bridge string clamps too much, that will sometimes weaken the strings at that point, I used to break my high E all the time, I was tightening the string bridge clamps too much???
          That's exactly what happened to me recently. I discovered I tightened my clamp too tight. The minute I would loosen that clamp to re-adjust my tuning....SNAP! goes the high E. I stopped tightening that clamp too tight and the breakeage stopped.......Live and Learn!!!!!!
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Definately! Only need to tighten then maybe a llil more.

Comment

Working...
            X