No announcement yet.

Filling pup holes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like racers idea with a twist. I'd fill as much of the cavity with wood as is reasonable, then Id go with bondo to fill the gaps.

Yes you can use bondo on anything.... Here is my 22 target pistol with bondo custom fit grips.

Damn... I cant resize it now... oh well. The black that is wearing off is "plasti-dip" spray on rubber- you can see the bondo underneath. The recoil from a 22 wont damage the bondo at all- I've put about 5000 rounds through this with the bondo on there. On a large caliber pistol or rifle, it may not hold up so well...
    Last edited by Postal; 08-18-2006, 12:33 AM.

Comment

I just filled in a PU hole with wood, and used wood filler to fill in the area around it. It's important to use the same wood type and have the grain running the same direction. I hope the wood filler doesn't show eventually, through the paint.
      If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Originally posted by shelby22
        I just filled in a PU hole with wood, and used wood filler to fill in the area around it. It's important to use the same wood type and have the grain running the same direction. I hope the wood filler doesn't show eventually, through the paint.
        It can... depends on how much you used and how long you let it cure before painting it.
        -Rick

Comment

How durable is bondo long term? I once considered filling the front pup on one of my axes, but worried about shrinking or tell tale signs like you see on cars sometimes.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Very durable. It will last longer than the wood.
            If you can see Bondo repair work on a car body, it was done by an amature.
            If applied properly... and conservatively... it's invisible.
            The only reason Bondo falls off of a car is because of bad surface prep.
            -Rick

Comment

It also depend on what kind of body filler you use. Don't go with cheap crap. Spend the extra.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
              X