Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions: How to stack your guitar cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra-quality heavy-duty plywood guitar entertainment unit. Helps with amp tone as well, since my amps are elevated off the carpet. We paid a neighbor to design and construct it for us... this is the result!

Comment

Nice setup NOTP.
      Could you post more pics of that setup?
      I'm looking for a solution to my ever shrinking space in my jam room/office.
      This looks like a Really nice setup.
      -Rick

Comment

Thanks. It's a great organizer. Lots of shelf space, especially enough depth for the huge Rhoads/KingV/Kelly cases when I used to own a KE3. The shelves themselves are adjustable to any height by rearranging the metal brackets.

Various shoeboxes and containers sit on top of the unit, so the thing doesn't quite reach the ceiling. You can also see three separate subunits consisting of the amp/keyboard section on the left and the two identical "bunk bed" guitar shelf sections on the right. My plan is to take one of them with me when I move out of my parents' house and leave the other one for my brother and his basses.

Here's the amp section with extra shelf for our Boss GT-6 and GT-6B processors. You'll also notice the vertical cutouts in the back of the unit to let wires pass through and to give the amps some ventilation to breathe. There is also plenty of empty room around each amp (especially behind) for adequate ventilation.

Here is a shot of the detail separating the two "bunk bed" units and you can also see the metal bracket assembly supporting the shelves:

Comment

On end here. As tightly as some cases fit I've always been worried stacking them flat would lead to crushing the strings down onto the frets.

But what you really need is one of these, a genuine Anvil guitar vault (manufactured by Haliburton so you *know* it has the dark lord of rock & roll's approval):

It slices, it dices, it chops, it grates, Emmy says I could sleep two or three homeless dwarfs in it if I'd only get off my lazy ass and install a door.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thx for the pics!
            Looks like something I could replicate.
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X