Trem on My DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mm2002
    I think this guy tried something like that too, except just the opposite. Why the hell would he have been putting more tension on the treble side?????

That looks cool imo!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

My DKMG seems to come back perfectly from dives, just not pull ups. After I pull up, it returns extremely sharp. I don't know how to fix it!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman13
        My DKMG seems to come back perfectly from dives, just not pull ups. After I pull up, it returns extremely sharp. I don't know how to fix it!!
        hello- mine is exactly the same. DKMG with JT580LP. Returns to neutral after a dive, but comes back sharp after a pull up. Was maddening trying to tune it until I realized this

I've done all the recomended fixes- put tape on trem post threads so they don't move (wiggle), cleaned the posts and knife edges, lubed them, new springs, ect. Still comes back a little sharp after pulling up. It's not enough to really hear the difference and the strings stay in tune relative to one another......they're just all equaly a little sharp.

You can't tell unless you check it with a tuner. I'm starting to wonder if almost everybodys does this and they are always floating between being in tune and a little sharp and just don't know it.

Karl

Comment

It seems like most people with these trems have the same problem. Mine comes back noticeably sharp after a pull up and the only way I can think of to fix the problem is to swap it out for and OFR. An OFR will fit right? Has anyone with a DKMG swapped their trem out for an OFR?

Comment

An OFR will fit fine, I have one on my DKMG's and love it. You'd probably be surprised at the difference it makes to the feel of the guitar. Like buying a brand new one...
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
              An OFR will fit fine, I have one on my DKMG's and love it. You'd probably be surprised at the difference it makes to the feel of the guitar. Like buying a brand new one...

I actually installed a Tremolo-no on my DKMG because it was driving me nuts. That worked great when it was locked. However, it created the slightest drag on the trem when in full floating position, causing the trem to go flat after a dive and sharp after a pull up (I lubed the shaft but that didn't help). Also, in the dive only position it wouldn't snap back acurately without tightening the springs, but then I had only dive or locked, no floating.

I'm going to buy an OFR and try it. I'm aware that I may have a problem pulling up fully due to the longer string lock screws. Anyone tried cutting them down successfully? Was it difficult?

karl

Comment

Working...
              X