No announcement yet.

setup turnaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY setup leaves my premises again within 24 hrs unless there are other issues or a large queue before it. Grandturks "if there are 30 guitars before it = 1 week" is fairly accurate. 30 setups = 30 hrs = almost a full work week. But generally speaking, if I´m not doing much, you can sit down for an hour, smoke a blunt, watch me work, and take your axe home... the BIG advantage to working this way is that you can really tweak the setup to the individual player by handing it back every 2 minutes during the action phase

Standard setup including intonation (w/ a Petersen R590, everything else is a hackjob), cleaning, polishing, board conditioning is about an hour time, add another hour if the nut needs to be replaced.

Price: 50€ plus materials (ie. Strings and if necessary a nut blank).
    Last edited by Zerberus; 08-06-2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I dont mind a customer watching and asking questions.
      wilkinsi was the hum there before you took it to him?Sounds like a ground wire was left unattached.Check the grounded tab on the vol pot and see if the solder joint is broken.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
        But generally speaking, if I´m not doing much, you can sit down for an hour, smoke a blunt, watch me work, and take your axe home...
        This has to be assuming that your not doing anything but setups - obviously if you're working on bigger jobs like a refret or repair you can't drop everything and do a setup on the spot. Depending on your volume, if you dropped everything for a setup, you'd never get the big jobs done.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
          I dont mind a customer watching and asking questions.
          wilkinsi was the hum there before you took it to him?Sounds like a ground wire was left unattached.Check the grounded tab on the vol pot and see if the solder joint is broken.
          yup, it was there before and after. he didn't remove the jt580 and refit either so that's still slanted but not as much. so fuck knows what the guy did to that. £40 down the pan. oh, i know cleaned the board and changed the strings. the skin from my fingers has gone!

on a similar note, i finally managed to get the control panel off my WRMG - oh, that's why it looks ready to burst open - too much wire in there! isn't there supposed to be a rule about certain wires must not make contact with pots or other wires?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
            yup, it was there before and after. he didn't remove the jt580 and refit either so that's still slanted but not as much. so fuck knows what the guy did to that. £40 down the pan. oh, i know cleaned the board and changed the strings. the skin from my fingers has gone!

on a similar note, i finally managed to get the control panel off my WRMG - oh, that's why it looks ready to burst open - too much wire in there! isn't there supposed to be a rule about certain wires must not make contact with pots or other wires?
            Yes but only if the stripped part of the wire is touching. Theres not enough current going thru the wires to bleed through the covering. The hum could be a loose ground wire. Or a stray strand of the braided wire touching somehting it shouldnt be. Also the battery may be gettin week too. Alot of times the noise will increase in active guitars with a week battery.
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
              This has to be assuming that your not doing anything but setups - obviously if you're working on bigger jobs like a refret or repair you can't drop everything and do a setup on the spot. Depending on your volume, if you dropped everything for a setup, you'd never get the big jobs done.
              This is absolutely correct. But is is possible to "fit in" an occasional setup during things like glue drying time, all a question of time management

Comment

Working...
              X