No announcement yet.

guitar setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to note.. i dont have any fret buzz on the upper frets.. just from frets 1-4/5 and it sounds like i need a little bit of forward bow.. the action is pretty low and the fret buzz on the lower frets is little, doesnt bother me, especially when u can't hear it through an amp.. im not paranoic so im not gonna sit and turn the volume to 0 and listen to how the frets buzz..
    the neck is pretty comfortable, the action is low and a little fret buz on the first few frets doesnt bother me... i rather not mess with it and its not worth fixing it because it is minor

i have a les paul copy that i dont give a shit about and i can practice on that.. i tried to but the neck is completely messed.. there is a huge forward bow.. its so big u can esaily see it. u just look at the guitar and the neck is like wayyy off
    the thing is tho, lower frets still buzz and some upper frets are just dead..even tho the action is wayyy up. it needs a good refret job, a neck setup and the nut has to be filed down because its very high.. so im not gonna bother with that either..

thanks for all your help people.. i might try to loosen up the rod a bit later on and see what happenes... im not gonna mess with it or anything.. just a tiny turn to loosen it and see how it affects everythings.. if i do it carefully there shouldnt be any damage
    Last edited by MichaelLitvak; 06-30-2006, 11:06 PM.
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

If you get your strings too low, it can mess up the sustain.

Comment

Working...
      X