No announcement yet.

EMG 81 vs 85 in the bridge postion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's not too late, why not buy the 81 and 85 and try them in both positions to see what you like. The 60 is mostly just a rhythm pickup (from what's listed, never actually used one) where as the 81 and 85 can be used as lead or rhythm.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
      [Buster of the alleged Buster of Mythbuster]

That is what their brochures used to say. EMG has since changed their pickup descriptions:
      http://emginc.com/displayproducts.as...=6&catalogid=2

[/Buster of the alleged Buster of Mythbuster]
      that ownz
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
        If it's not too late, why not buy the 81 and 85 and try them in both positions to see what you like. The 60 is mostly just a rhythm pickup (from what's listed, never actually used one) where as the 81 and 85 can be used as lead or rhythm.
        UPDATE:

I did just that
        I prefer the 81 in the bridge to the 85 mainly because the 81 is just more METAL
        just as dreamland rebel said in his earlier reply
        the 85 is a great pup and it has its place but for the real metal stuff i love the 81.
        I also got to try the 81 in the neck and prefered the 85 there for more of a thicker than thick neck lead tone.
        it is very syrupy and bluesier than the 81
        I am really trying to get away from that yngwie neck tone(real snappy and bright) so the 85 is perfect, i was going to check out the 60 but heard it is very YJM sounding in the neck?
        'the ONLY drawback of the 85 in the neck is that it does not have the clarity of the 81 for the faster runs and arpeggios i usally do but its warmth is worth it.
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage
          i was going to check out the 60 but heard it is very YJM sounding in the neck?
          'the ONLY drawback of the 85 in the neck is that it does not have the clarity of the 81 for the faster runs and arpeggios i usally do but its warmth is worth it.
          Yeah, the 60 is brighter than the 81. I love my neck pup to be brighter than my bridge pup, so that's why I feel the 85 works better for me in the bridge with either a 60 or 81 in the neck.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X