No announcement yet.

Kelly Pro Project PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I snuck over there and shot a couple quick pics. There are some runs that need to be sanded, but not too bad. I am pretty happy so far. It is looking exactly the way I wanted it too.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I like that back panel (back of headstock flourish)...that really looks "motorcycle-esque"!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        I like that back panel (back of headstock flourish)...that really looks "motorcycle-esque"!
        I always dug the look of the "stinger" on the back of some of the old Gibsons. I figured, what the hell.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Oh now that's just sick...
          Love the orange logo... waterslide, or is it the one from best-decals?
          -Rick

Comment

that is looking PERFECT Scott! I love the colors and he's doing a fine job-
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
              Oh now that's just sick...
              Love the orange logo... waterslide, or is it the one from best-decals?
              That is one from best-decals, thank you. I had a white logo and the masking kit also. I chose to go with the orange one, for 2 reasons. Number one, it continues the black and orange theme. Number 2, I prefer the Jackson logo to have the shaded letters.
              Last edited by StukaJU87; 06-23-2006, 03:33 PM.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                that is looking PERFECT Scott! I love the colors and he's doing a fine job-
                Thanks Dave. I am happy with the way it is turning out.
                Scott

Comment

That came out great, i really like the orange logo! Great to see your buddy in action.

Scott, from my personal experience, if the back plates are tight fit now (because you didn't mask the trem + control cavity) then file them smaller before you screw them in place. If they are snug or (too) tight and you mount them and tighten the screws, it could chip the clear coat when you remove them later on. They kinda cut into the clear coat over time and gets stuck there sometimes. It has happened to me, so just a little hint
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Almost looks Chevy orange. Very nice job man.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Looking badass!!!! I love the colors!
                      Oh and Scott, the 1031..........that's Oct. 31st, ya know? Orange and black?.....oh well, it was funny when I thought of it.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Henrik, thanks for the tip. I noticed he didn't mask it after it was too late. Like I said, he's a car guy, guitar painting is new to him. I'll be sure to test fit the covers gently before jamming them on.

1031--- now it makes sense Mark.
                        Last edited by StukaJU87; 06-23-2006, 05:46 PM.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                          Almost looks Chevy orange.
                          It is actually a shade of orange ordered through Harley Davidson.
                          Scott

Comment

That looks killer!
                            Nice job!

Comment

That is really nice Scott. I really like the orange a lot. You're not Dutch are you?
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Scott, that looks great!! I don't know if anyone makes orange pickups, but some orange bobbin toppers would be cool!
                                http://www.universaljems.com/cart/img/orange.jpg
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X