Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickups that enhance pinch harmonics........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that use of your mid range control on your amp does wonders, by turning it up wil give you brighter pinch harmonics......My experience it's mostly technique & amp not the pickup...
    Last edited by SGplayer; 06-11-2006, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I'm curious now as to what pinch response I'd get from a HSS setup and even more so from a Sustainiac. DK2S here I come..
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks for all the input,guys! I fully agree about it being technique,I really never have a problem with them,just wanted to know what you guys thought.I am going to try a Evolution,out of curiosity.A lot of you seem to like them.............
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
          i usually go 1 cm from the neck.. but it depends which fret..
          i dont know about the rest of you.. but for me atleast.. there's a sweet spot for every fret
          That is true. Just do them a lot and you will get used to it

Comment

Gee, Billy Gibbons never had any problems getting them with his "Granddad" PAFs through low gain amps like Bassmans. It is 95% technique. Eric Johnson can slice your cranium in half with his low frequency based EQ settings and weak ass strat single coils. Eddie never labored to yank them out effortlessly with his vintage pickups in the 8-9k ohm range.

With that said, I nominate the JB and the Blues Saraceno Trembucker...especially the blues...which is NOT a hot pickup. A friend of mine can get perfect Zakk squeals from my Predator with the Blues. Easily as good as his EMG equipped Kelly.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
            X