Kahler vs. Floyd Rose - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annah
    Which brings me to another thought.... Don't waste your money or your time on crap! Save your money, take a bit extra time, and get the REAL DEAL. Buy quality. You do get what you pay for and when you cut corners on costs for things, especially guitar gear, you also cut down the quality of what you can do with the instrument.
    there's some truth behind... especially in music equipment... unfortunately :/ it's quite an expensive hobby
    Last edited by ZeroKelvin; 06-01-2006, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Which brings me to another thought.... Don't waste your money or your time on crap! Save your money, take a bit extra time, and get the REAL DEAL. Buy quality. You do get what you pay for and when you cut corners on costs for things, especially guitar gear, you also cut down the quality of what you can do with the instrument.
      +1! Very well put!

Good thing you got your guitar fixed, and that you're happy with it! I know the feeling - when you've managed to improve the playability or sound of an old player.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroKelvin
        there's some truth behind... especially in music equipment... unfortunately :/ it's quite an expensive hobby
        HOBBY!!?!?!?!! Uh.... No.

Comment

Washburn Wonderbar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            Believe it or not... most players do NOT maintain their trems.
            I recently bought a couple of OFR's and a Gotoh floyd, to replace a couple of JT-6's and a Takeuchi trem. The first thing that I did was to take all of the screws out, and grease the threads. When I put the trems onto my guitars, I'm also going to grease the blades where they contact the posts.

I learned to grease all threaded parts from my other hobby, which is bicycle racing.
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost
              Washburn Wonderbra!!!

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary

Now THAT I'd like to get my hands on!!!!
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

HOBBY!!?!?!?!! Uh.... No.
                    yep... sorry, but i don´t earn enough money with these 4 gigs on festivals in a year, that i can live from it... so i can´t declare it as profession -> means hobby to me...

Comment

Whelp, since I don't yet have the dough to plop down on a new guitar and because I didn't wanna hafta go f'ing with my Rhoads, I decided to just replace my JT590 with a brand new Schaller Floyd. WOW! Talk about a friggin' amazing difference!!! HOLY CRAP! My guitar sounds SO much better now. It intonates beautifully, and sounds so much better overall. Not the quality of the sound, but just the tonality. HUGE difference! I am really, REALLY glad I did that, the new Ignitor album will sound so much better for it!
                      Interesting phenomenon, as the JT-590 and the Schaller Floyd are exactly the same trem with a different logo stamped on the bass side...

Not saying it´s not happening, but I´m curious as to whether the cause may actually be a different one, like a slight change in the setup.

Comment

Working...
                      X