Webstrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinto79
    I've used a couple of sets... the string envelopes have the same corrosion protection that Dean Markley use, so my assumption is that they are from the same mfg... similar feel to the GHS Boomers I usually use.

The price rocks too...
    yeah these are tite fit, i dont go for that at all!
    i like a loose feel real slinky
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I use em sometimes, just depends. Here lately I've been waiting for GC to have one of their "ONCE A YEAR BLOWOUT!!!!!" sale that they have nearly every month and get a bunch of whatever strings are cheap.

Webstrings imho are comparable to everybody else. Price is right, and I've never had trouble with bad strings out of the packages. I've probably bought 70 or so sets over the past few years.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by savage
        I ordered 12 packs and in that 12 packs three so far are defective!
        I put of the 4th pack and FINALLY they were are OK!
        not worth it in my book!
        the consistency is just not good enough for me
        i have NEVER gotten a bad pack of EB's or DR's
        Just curious, how were they defective. I have been thru 60+ set in the last couple years and have no problems.

Comment

I just ordered a couple of sets of bass and some guitar strings. Even if they're crap, you can't beat those fucking prices! I was stunned when I went to their website for the first time today!
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by hammer84
            Just curious, how were they defective. I have been thru 60+ set in the last couple years and have no problems.

the prob i have had with several sets are with the D strings which is friggin strange that only the D strings are bad in some of these packs?
            I guess that they had a problem with a bunch of the the D strings and i unfortunately got some packs with them? out of the 12 packs i got only 5 had no probs at all
            also i really dont care for the way the go dead real fast
            I play about 4-6 hours a day and these dont hold up to real heavy playing i was changing strings about every other week with these i had to change them once a week with the EB's and d'addarios and so for me these are no value at all ,do the math
            $3 a pack for EB or D'addario lasts me 2 weeks or slightly more depending
            $2.65 a pack for the web strings and last me no longer than a week and had some bad D strings
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Can you define "bad" on the D strings?
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                Can you define "bad" on the D strings?
                excessive buzzing to the point of no tone from them and they all had these dents on the windings like they were already played on?

Comment

Working...
                X