No announcement yet.

Frets problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he does alot of band instrument stuff & he has done routeing work & pick up installs for me . when you walk into his place there are Band stuff everywhere so I didn't know how much guitar work he did, I got alot of basic stuff done from him. Fret replacement to me would be a big & skillfull job. Hell I can route a floyd now & replace pick ups myself refretting a neck , I would want someone in the industry to do it . Like my buddy who is on tour he worked for gibson for 23 years he was my first choice but he's busy right now. I actually asked this guy for a referince & he told me he did it & showed me the fret machine he uses I was like cool I'll bring it in.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
      You have a tech you've been using for 16 years, and you asked here first instead of him??? Mr. Obvious!
      (just ribbin ya!)

P.S. Screw you Mr.Funny Guy

:ROTF: J/K Mark
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

before going stainless I 'd ask some around here what they think.I dont care much for them but maybe some here do.Just a thought.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

$150 for a refret with SS is dirt cheap! If he does good work, stay with him.

I, for one, LOVE SS frets. Smooth & glassy bends. No wear that I can see. And no difference in tone, or at least "no audible difference on my guitar after swapping Carvin necks in which the only difference was the frets, with my rig and my hearing and auditory memory".

Comment

Working...
          X