No announcement yet.

Opinions on JT580 and JT6 please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some 411 from jacksonguitar.org regarding the trem.

In the 1990 Japanese Charvel catalog, the model of the trem is listed as: Takeuchi FLC-101

Hope the above info will help the ongoing dispute

In my opinion, Zerberus's option B

Originally posted by Zerberus
    B: because the Takeuchi Templates possibly weren´t available
    seems most likely...
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Are the trem post spacings still the same between these and the Schallers? If so, Quantum, what would you want for that Tak?
      Last edited by Racerx2k; 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Racerx2k-

As far as I know, the Floyds/Schallers/Takeuchi's post spacings are all 74mm.

By "what would you want for that Tak", are you asking me what I would replace the trem with?
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I meant: Is it for sale, and for how much. Or are you looking for something, in trade.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Racerx2k-

I'm going to keep the trem on there for now, at least until I come across a fantastic deal on a Schaller or an OFR.

The other thing is, I currently live in Japan, and it would probably be a hassle to send you the trem and wait for you to get it (unless you also live in the land of the Rising Sun).

-QR

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
              Err...no. The Charvel 650XL came with a non-recessed JT-590 and a pull-up route (and so did the early 750XLs), so your argument is not accurate. Later 750XLs still had a non-recessed 590, but lacked the pull-up route.
              Ok, 2 models that are an exception, so the rule that´s valid for the entire 5 years afterwards is invalid? LOL?

Either way, that rout is still too long to be a Schaller Rout, and I´ve easily seen dozens of Jacksons (like the 2 Jap Only Fusions last year) that had Takeuchis from the factory with this rout.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                Ok, 2 models that are an exception, so the rule that´s valid for the entire 5 years afterwards is invalid? LOL?
                Don't put words into my mouth please. You generalized by stating that a 590 would have been fully recessed, and I was simply reacting to that. Apart from that I have nothing to complain over, and do not doubt your info at all.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
                  Racerx2k-

I'm going to keep the trem on there for now, at least until I come across a fantastic deal on a Schaller or an OFR.

The other thing is, I currently live in Japan, and it would probably be a hassle to send you the trem and wait for you to get it (unless you also live in the land of the Rising Sun).

-QR
                  No prob. I got the impression that you weren't pleased with it, and since that's what I was originally looking for, I thought it could work out for both of us. I DO have a Schaller design Licensed Floyd, that I bought for this project that I am working on, but it is a Mighty Mite version, and not an actual Schaller. Just as well. Shipping probably would've been a killer.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                    Don't put words into my mouth please. You generalized by stating that a 590 would have been fully recessed, and I was simply reacting to that. Apart from that I have nothing to complain over, and do not doubt your info at all.
                    Sorry bro, slight overreaction on my part, hadn´t had my morning bowl yet and was still a bit whacked from last night

Comment

Working...
                    X