No announcement yet.

Suggest some hot strat pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much those a set of fralins cost? They seems like very nice pickups no doubt.
    And that is one great looking guitar also.

Comment

I got the BL250's and really like them.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I have the vintage noiseless in the neck and middle in a powerhouse strat and a SD in the bridge. I like them.
        I have not tried the noiseless hot in the bridge but they have been received well. I was thinking of swapping out the SD as I'm not totally happy with that and going with all of the Fender Noiseless.

I'm also setting up another guitar with a YJM and a HS3.

The thing with Dimarzio..you don't like em, you can return em and exchange. When you have places like MF& AMS, you have a 45 day return policy as well.

There's a bunch of completed Fralin setups on eBay with a BIN in the 200's... Fralins are spendy.

Nice lookin strat Kenn.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good suggestions!
          I´m most likley going with the noiseless hots, seems like pretty much what i´m after, hot, but still sounding like a strat, and noiseless as well.
          Also like 30 % cheaper than dimarzios...

Comment

Much of the 'tone' argument is ceramic mags vs AlNiCo's. Kinman has a good article on this. http://www.kinman.com/html/toneWorks...ar.htm#magnets

Great site btw.. loads of useful info.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier
              How much those a set of fralins cost? They seems like very nice pickups no doubt.
              And that is one great looking guitar also.
              Thanks, glad you like her!

I believe that I spent about $180 for them. Expensive, I know. But I wanted something better that the standard Strat p'ups. I got lots of input from various friends, and settled on these. No regrets!

-Kenn

Comment

Actually it doesn´t sound that expensive to me, compared to what stuff costs in sweden at least :P if taxes and shipping aint to expensive.
                Where could i order these from the states?
                Did you buy used or new?
                Last edited by rocksoldier; 04-18-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X