No announcement yet.

Sigh... what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He he racer, i'm not that good with wood But maybe it can be shaped to look like the small strathead... hmmm..

"Sears"?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The last time something like that happened to me it was on a guitar with a vineered headstock, so it was a little more processy. The repair guy said "make a clean cut and glue on new lumber"

Maybe you should consider the idea of making a clean cut right above the chip. Glue on a new chunck of wood and reshape it to the configuration. You could even get something with a diiferent grain and give your headstock a new persona? Regardless, you'd get a clean finish and be right up to speed. Get a "custom shop" waterslide and hit it with some clear. Bing!! problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
        Anyone who uses duct tape on any part of a guitar (even if it's just on the strap) needs to be kicked in the teeth!!!
        One of my students MADE a strap out of duct tape. I thought it was pretty clever.

Comment

LOL That's kinda neat. Making a strap out of the stuff is better than using it on one because you're too cheap for strap locks, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X