Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Floyd is totally blocked.

[ QUOTE ]
    i would like to completely block the floyd on my kelly. sometimes people just get sick of floyds, and prefer the feel of a stronger tighter instrument

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you checked out the TremolNo?
    http://www.tremolno.com/

-a

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      i would like to completely block the floyd on my kelly. sometimes people just get sick of floyds, and prefer the feel of a stronger tighter instrument

[/ QUOTE ] I'll send you the parts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The reason I was concerned is that I have had some 'tars that had trems that would not work. I thought this one may have been one of those. On this one, the action was so high as to make it shitty. Now that things are lossened up, it is the guitar as advertised and I will fine tune it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Glad to see you got it "lossened" up! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          People do the strangest things with their instruments sometimes! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

-a

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, ESPECIALLY when they don't know what the Hell they are doing. Don't actually FIX the problem, just jam it up with blocks! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

That Tremol-No thing looks sweet! Much more convenient than the block I have on my floyd now. Awesome.

Comment

You might consider blocking it so it dive bombs only.

That way it's easier to setup, it's stable, it will have a warmer sound like a hardtail, and you can still dive bomb on it.

I had a guitar that I did that to and the sustain was incredible [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i have done that to my jackson dk2.....

all i did was get a L bracket from lowes 60 cents. and put in there and it only dives now.. and works good very stable makes string changes super fast and easy.. and more sustain....

this is what it look slike but done on a red guitar i own. but did same thing on my jackson..

Comment

The point was that the seller didn't tell me about the block. I don't dive. I just sit in my La-z-Boy and fuk with them. Now, I perform an autopsy on the guitars I buy. But can you imagine some poor stiff diving with a totally blocked Floyd? "Oh, the humanity!!!!!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                  X