[ QUOTE ]
      nice! They're good for taking the tops offa parking meters too

[/ QUOTE ]
      Or Meter Maids for that matter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      hahaha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Intonating a floyd?

I spent the money on one of those key thingies, but I actually prefer just doing it the manual way.

Comment

what are these tools and where can they be found?
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I bought mine from StewMac several years back, but I think they stopped carrying them. It was a 3 pack of different keys for different trems and also came with some shim stock to help adjust the radius of Floyd style bridges. It was around $50....I doubt if many sold because it was kinda pricey for what you got.

Comment

AFAIK the Tool doesn't work on Schaller Floyds due to the fact that it has to grip the post, but the Schaller posts are smooth.

Anyway, the way I do it is to loosen the string a little (more like detuning a few steps rather than loosening), loosen the saddle screw, then push the saddle back a hair with a flathead screwdriver, lock the saddle, tune and check.
              Rinse and repeat.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                AFAIK the Tool doesn't work on Schaller Floyds due to the fact that it has to grip the post, but the Schaller posts are smooth.

Anyway, the way I do it is to loosen the string a little (more like detuning a few steps rather than loosening), loosen the saddle screw, then push the saddle back a hair with a flathead screwdriver, lock the saddle, tune and check.
                Rinse and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ] How else do you do it? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It is actually easier to move the saddles back to start with, then move them forward as necessary....since that's the direction the tension wants to pull anyway. It's easier to tune up than down too.

Comment

Working...
                  X