22 fret neck replacement for rx10d?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 fret neck replacement for rx10d?

There will most likley be a slight gap, but not as prominent as in your pic. The neck pocket is 3" long, so the back of the neck pocket will be .75" furter on the neck than previously. There are plenty of room for the screw holes on the flat surface. I would try and mount this neck, but because I took off more than .75", it wouldnt be 100% as good as a real finished one.

Pics? Sure! Later on tonight if I get a chance to work in it.

The whole reason Im doing this is so people can finally put the nice neck they have always wanted on to their 22 fret guitars. I love my RR3R, but without binding its just too bland. Ill be putting a pirahna neck on there and its going to look killer... That was the intent of this project, but as a manufacturing worker, I figured if I can streamline this process to become efficient and 100% accurate, maybe I can make a few dollars here and there, and people can get their necks modified for cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nothing new as of today, but Ive found the correct router bit thats going to make my life ALOT easier. My plan is to use an actual Jackson heel as the template as opposed to making one by hand... this will insure consistancy and perfection throughout. More to come soon! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

By the way, Rob: Nice Avatar. Early Eddie. cool.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Although Christmas has been over for a while! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, it's ALWAYS Christmas time, for Eddie! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Oh haha I forgot to change back to the old one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think I'd be careful about cutting neck heels back, unless you know the construction of the particular neck. You could go right into the truss rod end, and then the neck is finished. The best way is to route the neck pocket deeper and modify the body to fit. That's just my thinking though.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

see marks work on my guitar in the fun with bondo thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

just had an idea - would it be cheaper and easier to have the binding put on the rx10d's neck and headstock by a mod shop?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Not even close... Consider that you have to pull all the frets, rout out the channel, install the binding then frets, then refin the headstock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      just had an idea - would it be cheaper and easier to have the binding put on the rx10d's neck and headstock by a mod shop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also use automotive tape striping, a la Number of the Priest.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X