Is a floyd allowed to be tilted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is a floyd allowed to be tilted?

as a man with 20 guitars w/ OFR's...level to the body is the way to go...
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Why would it matter if it was factory installed or not? Neck angle is neck angle after all - it's not something you easilly change (especially not on a neck-through guitar) - but you can alter the angle of the Floyd easilly and without any ill effects (unless you go to extremes). If you have a Floyd level with the body on a guitar with a non-recessed (top mounted) trem, it means that it is actually tilting back in relation to the strings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but the only guitars I've seen with offset, tilted Floyds were those in need of a serious setup.
      Again, if that's your preference ... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        as a man with 20 guitars w/ OFR's...level to the body is the way to go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

Plus it's easier to tell if the tremolo comes back to "0" if you have something to reference it. (like the top of the body)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I just let the guitar tell me what to do. If it (consistently)goes slightly sharp then loosen the springs a tweek. if it goes (consistently)flat - tighten. It you do this the strings and springs will balance and the base plate will actually be level with the strings and not necessarily the neck or the body [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bob

Comment

Be careful about listening to your guitar. Frank Zappa's guitar wanted to kill my momma! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

It's either that or the voices in my head - whichever's louder. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X