Neck Heel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck Heel questions

sure, what the hell? you can always replace the neck later.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Did the total amount even shrink up a 1/4"? Are you just sanding down on the edge of the neck heel, so as to effectively round the heel end? Curious. and one last question: How the @#*% did you get your pics to post? Can't figure out how to do that.
      you know, the funny thing is, is that your new neck would go great with my new body, since this thing has a flat front heel face. Doh! Might have to get a little creative with Bondo, ala MM2002. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

It didn't shrink much yet because i bearly sanded it, but right now what i will do it draw the curved neck pocket on a paper and draw it unto the neck, so that i can get it to fit exactly into the pocket.

The pictures, all i did was create an account at www.photobucket.com, then upload the image, after it uploads you will get the URL of the image, and just paste it into here like so [*img*]<URL OF IMAGE HERE>[/*img*] (except no * marks) and no < > marks where the URL would go either.

We could work something out with the neck, though i might have sanded it down to much already.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the pics. Yeha, that's what I thought. You have to load them from a site, and not straight from your harddrive.
          No thanks, on the neck. I am looking to do a strat-type neck, anyway. More of a Warren Demartini-type feel to this one. You are on the right path about tracing and marking, though. Good luck.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Got a Photobucket account, like you mentioned, since I figured it was only an amount of time till I needed one, anyway.
            Here's a pics of the Chandler body, mocked up with the pickup, and a junk neck I have lying around. This is the condition the body came to me:

Notice the difference in the heel and pocket shapes, basically the inverse of what you have. Like I said, BONDO TIME!
            I spent a little time on it, tonight, getting the surfaces smoothed out, and the corners fixed up (They were a little rough). The usual nicks and dents need to be filled in, nothing major. Here's one of the schemes I was thinking about going with on this:

Notice how the Tigerstripes are subtle. I would probably fade into solid white, on the edges, too. Still leaning toward this, or the Fleckstone. I think the stone would be a good first finish, and the surface is a tad rough, so it might hide any poor body-work, done by yours truly. Plus, I just like it.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey man, that body looks great. And i agree, the tigerstripe looks awesome when it doesn't stand out too much. By the way, this is a newbie question, but is that body supposed to have tune-o-matic?

Good luck man!

Comment

A solid, Tune-o-matic bridge? No. They came with Floyd Roses. You can see the stud holes, in the pic.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

oh yeah thats right. Is it the non-recessed floyd?

Comment

Hey i was just looking at pictures at other people's warrior, and noticed that their output jacks were located on different spots than mine. Heres a picture of the output jack, do you think this is a fake warrior, or is supposed to be like that?

Comment

Not rightly sure, but I WILL direct you to this body, on Ebay, that I had run across, just yesterday. Take a close look at the jack location:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Warrior-styl...1QQcmdZViewItem
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Yup, i've seen this one, but i found this other warrior while doing an image search on Yahoo, seems to have the same kind of jack in the same location as mine

Comment

Just did some quick research. What you must have is an actual Jackson Warrior XT body. The knob and switch holes in yours are IDENTICAL to it. Didn't see the jack location, but I'd be willing to bet they are in the same localle.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Really? so an actual Jackson is good? Does that mean that the others are not?

Comment

All I meant was that it appears your is not a copy, that's all.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

ohhhh, ok got it, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X