copper shielding tape vs. brass plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: copper shielding tape vs. brass plates

Sully...I think you can buy the brass stuff at Michales (local craft stores)
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Got a name on that new paint? Curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's called shielding paint - they sell it at stew mac and electronics stores.

[ QUOTE ]
      Sully...I think you can buy the brass stuff at Michales (local craft stores)

[/ QUOTE ]

They carry it at Michaels too [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] (forgive me for I have met Ron)
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

No. Boxcar Willie said that his buds had a new kind of shielding paint. I wanted to see exactly what it was, and what made it different from the other shielding paint.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

It was a new method for them, it could be the same stuff that Tim was talking about. They said it was the first time they used it.

Comment

I picked up copper sheets at a store specializing in stained glass supplies. They were about 8" X 10", self adhesive and fairly thick. I also picked up a role of copper tape at the same place. IIRC I had enough to shield two stratocasters for about $15.

Comment

Nice to know, Overlord. I might have to hunt down a similar store, here, and see what I can find.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
              X