Spray Can on guitar body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spray Can on guitar body?

Hey Model, nice paintbomb work on the guitar! Man, this is RIGHT up my alley, as I have an 80s Chandler Soloist body coming in, and I was gonna do it, white. Only thing was that I've heard people having issues with the clearcoats yellowing, so I was actually gonna look into the Minwax poly-spray option, too. If I remember correctly, I read on Re-ranch's site, once, that they reccomeded no clearcoat on a white finish, due to the yellowing issue (Or something, to that effect). Depending on how the body came out with the white basecoat, I WAS thinking about adding some VERY subtle tiger-stripes just one or two shades darker), to give me a sort of Siberian Tiger look, instead of the usual Bengal stripes. To me, subtlety is the key, and many paint jobs I see are quite contrasting. Too much, for MY liking, at least.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Man, you dug this one up too? Cool! I've missed these old threads! Where the hell have they been?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Right where you left them, I guess. lol. Yeah, they are great threads. VERY informative. And nothing beats looking at these, while Jamming to some old Van Halen. Got "I'm The One" blaring in my phones. Man, I wanna rif!!!!!! AGH!!!! lol.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
        X