smelly case problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smelly case problem

Are they Arm and Hammer dryer sheets? These are the only ones I've ever gotten to work ....and if they can take the smell out of umm "things" that drug dogs can't smell I'm sure they could make a case not smell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, they are arm and hammer.

I've also heard putting drugs in coffee works too, but coffee hasn't helped the case.

Comment

I've had luck leaving stuff opened in the sun. After a day of Florida sun, most smells are gone forever...

Good luck.
        Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Florida sun is different, however from new england sun [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It's about 8 degrees outside and theres snow everywhere and the sun goes away at about 4:30

Comment

This sounds like that episode on Seinfeld where Jerry's car gets funked up by a valet guy's B.O. and no matter what he does the smell comes back. "As a last resort... Tomato Sauce."

Comment

When I fist got my case it was pretty bad too, I just left it open outside for a week (Make sure it doesn't rain...)

Air helps alot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one that smelled like cat pee... I kept an air freshner in it at all times...
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

What about some clay based cat litter? Doesnt have to be the clumping stuff. I bet if you filled it and let it sit for a few days. If it can cover catshit, it should work for vomit smell. What about the stuff the janitor at school used to use to clean up vomit? I bet some of that might work, but personally I always thought it smelled worse than the vomit.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

How is the smelly case doing? Has the fabreeze worked yet? Did you ever try the Arm & hammer dryer sheets? They worked for me like a charm....and saved me half a bottle fabreeze to boot !

Comment

nothings worked yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

frankly, if anything works, i'll have to pay close attention, i have a case that tends to smell a tad...distinct!

Comment

Get a bottle of Nature's Miracle from a pet store... pour some into the case, let it sit for about five minutes or so, dump it out, leave the case open to air out and dry for a couple days.
                          One of my cats peed in the lid of my pedal board, I used that stuff and it worked. I also used some Fabreze afterwards just as an extra precautionary measure. It doesn't smell any more.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's this stuff that my friend alex got for xmas that looks like a urenal cake that's for a car and his car smelt terrible, maybe I'll buy some of this stuff and let you guys know how it works.

Comment

I think the puke smell is stuck in your nose [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I use a bag I picked up at menards? (I believe, forget the name of it offhand, maybe I got it at a pet store)

It is basically a bag of odor asboring material that looks like small pebble sized rocks in a mesh about 8"x 8" bag.. it can be recharged after washing it and leaving it outside in the sun. They make a few different types...one for pet odor, and ones for others like car or outdoor uses...they are all basically the same.

I just stick one of those bags in the case, close the lid, lock 'er up and leave it for about a week or two...and it seems to remove most any odor problem.
                                There have been a case or two where I've had to tear out everything and reline..gotta be careful with foam formed cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X