Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Tips on a Mockinbird Refin

Hey all

I was given a crappy '01 - '02 BC Rich Mockingbird bronze series (two hum 1vol/1tone 24 fret) as a project guitar. It was given to me with no tuners, nut, electronics and bridge. I've already sanded down the body to the sealer (ready for paint) and I've already had the neck refreted and dyed. I was wondering where is the best place to score a nut for the neck, black tuners and a black wrap around bridge for this mockingbird. I don't want to drill any more holes then it needs so I would like to use the factory stud holes.

Also... I've got an Dimarzio X2N on the way and I was wondering if I could wire 1 of 2 ways here

1) Humbucker 1 volume Push/pull to jack input
    2) Humbucker straight into jackinput (no vol/tone pots what so ever)

Thanks Fellas

Re: Need Tips on a Mockinbird Refin

anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm there was a link someone gave me for a nut, but I can't really help you for the rest.. here

http://www.allparts.com/categories.p...&cat_name=TUSQ

I am making a mockingbird-type guitar soon, like carving it out myself, Hope it turns out good, cause its gonna be damn cool if it does lol..

Comment

Its probably easier to look out for a broken one on ebay real cheap. Trying to score that bridge new will probably cost more than the guitar is worth. I think they are all chrome too. Im not sure if any aftermarket type of deal will fit the mounting posts on that. I went through a similar thing looking for that bridge and luckily the guy who sold me the guitar managed to find the bridge in his parts bin so he sent it to me for free.. Also the stock tuners on that are those stamped steel covered cheap things.(on the harpoon style headstock, not sure what the widow comes with) Also only gonna be found in chrome. Just throw in a decent set of gotoh cast ones or some used jackson tuners or grovers or whatever. How much was the refret on that thing?

Comment

Working...
        X