Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floyd question

[ QUOTE ]
    OFR or Schaller ONLY. Don't fall for cheap PoS's Floyd knockoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i was thinking a real floyd or this http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/brid...floyd_schaller

You think it is true that it will sound warmer. Also i guess i will have to measure the nut width to measure it up. In all my years of playing i have never replaced a trem so i am kinda knew at this, any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

I can only say from my experience that every cheap knockoff I ever tried sucked. Other peoples milage may vary. I decided after trying 3-4 units and had to flip them that its better to not waste my time on anything else orher that the original floyd rose. I had one guitar that has the Schaller that was good but I just prefer originals myself.

You woundn't necessaitly have to replace the locking nut, just the bridge. You need to mae sure the ESP stud spacing is exact to whatever you go with. Sometimes you can just drop the OFR in and use existing bushings/posts. Sometimes you have to remove the post/busshigs and replace them.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

THe trem that´s in teh horizon is 100x better htan teh one you want to drop in ..... Either drop in an OFR (schaller´s will almost unilaterally cause intonation issues in this scenario due to the mounting distance) or get used to the ESP trem.. IMO it´s not half bad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          THe trem that´s in teh horizon is 100x better htan teh one you want to drop in ..... Either drop in an OFR (schaller´s will almost unilaterally cause intonation issues in this scenario due to the mounting distance) or get used to the ESP trem.. IMO it´s not half bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still deciding what to do, i am gonna give it a good cleanup and look at my other one to see how that one holds it down and see if it is missing any parts.

Comment

Working...
          X