EMG's in a Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMG\'s in a Les Paul?

A 498T or 500T in the bridge will rock your socks just as well as a set of EMGs, and retain that "Gibson Les Paul sound".
    And Zakk does get a great sound out of his cutomized amp and professionally tweaked EQ, not to mention his highly-developed playing ability.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Agreed. Love the 490R/498T cobmo in my SG Std. Also love the 496R/500T in my LP Classic.

Leave the LPC as-is and buy some other axe for the EMG's.

Comment

EMGs would be the first thing I'd do when I pulled it from the case, hehe...

Comment

my 88 Showcase edition came with dual 85's installed (which is actually a mistake as guitar was meant to have an 81 in the bridge) but it is best sounding guitar I have ever heard, especially in the studio. Some Les pauls look really shitty with EMG's, depending on finish, hardware color, etc.

Comment

You must sell that guitar to me... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

deviltronix - i have the same guitar. is it amazing or what?

I say go for it.

Comment

Sell that guitar to me (cries)

Comment

I have a showcase edition as well, but it has 2 81's in it (silver logo). Man, it's all about the 81 in the neck...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Man, it's all about the 81 in the neck...

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Ain't that the truth!! Any EMG-equipped guitar needs either an 81 or 60 in the neck, without a doubt! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have EMG's in my Les Paul and they sound great. It's a very tight and defined sound. If I remove them from other guitars they'll be staying in this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X