• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got an idea (Floyd Rose related)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    "the knife edges significantly farter forward, about 1/16"..."
    you said farter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...heh heh, heh, heh. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    I hate those unfixable typos sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tom, you are sooo immature! I beat you to it a few posts above! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, I´m not listening to either of you because typos and grammar are Ron´s job [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The baseplate is different as well, the Schaller has the knife edges significantly farter forward, about 1/16"...

You can try it, but the Schaller screws likely won´t clear the slots in the OFR plate, and due to the mounting distance issue you run the risk of having Intonation problems [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bring this up again... but this is the case right? But don't people swap Schallers for OFR's? In the trem info project there's a pic of exactly that...

Would one have to move the posts in order to make up for the difference in knife edge placement? That's not an option though.

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Hmm, after trying to use my almost useless brain [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I realized that the difference in knife edge placement can only become a problem when trying to intonate, and not having enough range left in the saddles to make it intonate properly, right?

So it should probably work fine unless I would try to put an OFR on there, string it with really heavy strings and tune it to Db drop B. Cause on my Schaller I have to move the saddles REALLY far back to get proper intonation with that setup.

Can anyone confirm if this sounds reasonable?

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
        X