Seymour Duncan p/u recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seymour Duncan p/u recommendations?

If I ever decide to switch out the middle/neck position single coils on my DK2, what other recommendations would you make to go along with the SD Distortion in the bridge?
    E = Fb

Comment

JB. and Jazz would sound great. So would a JB and 59 or a custom. A Cstm Cstm and a jazz. my personal fav and Seymours as well is the JB and 59. As for the JB sounding shrill in a Specail FM arent those solid maple bodies? or am i confusing that with a diffrant Hamer model?
      Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        As for the JB sounding shrill in a Specail FM arent those solid maple bodies? or am i confusing that with a diffrant Hamer model?
        Gil

[/ QUOTE ]
        No, the Hamer Special FM is mahogany body, mahogany set neck with a 3/8" flame aple top. I put a 25th anniversary set of chrome EMG 81s in it and it had much more bass punch... and usually I feel 81s are too bright and prefer the 85.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think JBs are overrated! I had one in my old Hamer Special FM... it had too much treble and high mids, and I usually like high mids, but this pickup was totally lacking any low end balls, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] IMO, the JB sounds great in alder. But in Mahogany and Basswood it sounds like ass.

Comment

tone wood makes a huge difference in pup selection.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I think JBs are overrated! I had one in my old Hamer Special FM... it had too much treble and high mids, and I usually like high mids, but this pickup was totally lacking any low end balls, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] IMO, the JB sounds great in alder. But in Mahogany and Basswood it sounds like ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Hmm. You'd figure it would sound even brighter and more shrill in alder.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jerry Cantrell, George Lynch, Vivian Campbell (back when he was with Dio), Warren DMartini

Comment

SD SH-14, I was surprised how good it sounded a very good well balanced pickup. Sounds wonderful clean and wonderful distorted, lead is very clear. I also learned it comes in most of Charvel's new reissue standard san dimas's. The SH-14 and screamin demon are for me, by far the better SD pickups I used and own. Both are milestones if you ask me.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I love the Custom Custom. It sounds really creamy, with nice singing mids which are perfect for leads.

But if you want something more aggressive, the Duncan Distortion is my other choice.

Comment

The best kept secret in the SD line is the Blues Saraceno trembucker. It is untouchable.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The best kept secret in the SD line is the Blues Saraceno trembucker. It is untouchable.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Thats what I've heard too.
                        I hope to one day sample it to know for sure.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Distortion and Jazz.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Thats what I've heard too.
                            I hope to one day sample it to know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it on the recommendation of the folks on the SD website. It is in my Predator. I love it, it is worht it.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                            X