Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap strings?

[ QUOTE ]
    Sure, some of the "big" string makers wind strings for other companies, but they are a different construction and spec string, made exclusively for that company. Different alloys, different measurements of core and windings, different core shapes, wound at different tensions...

Cheap strings are...cheap. There IS a difference. Recently I was setting up a Fender Strat with a set of Ernie Ball Super Slinky 10's. I could NOT get that guitar to play in tune all over the neck, in spite of what I did to the intonation. It wouldn't hold a tune worth a damn, either. On a hunch, I pulled the fresh Ernie Balls and slapped on a set of D'Addarios...problems solved. All of them.

I like D'Addarios and DR's.

[/ QUOTE ]

DR's and D'Addarios are my favorites as well.

DRs are very nice, but expensive. D'Addarios are just about as good, and about $2 cheaper, so I usually stick with D'Addarios.

Someday, I will buy enough strings for enough points to get an official DiAddario Guitar Stool, hahahaha. (I need 100 I think)

Comment

I get my D'Addario 9-42's at Guitar Center, of all places.

They didn't have the 10 set promo pack, so I asked the guy what he could do for 10 packs. His answer, "29.99". Good enough for me.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
        I'll admit I put a set of those GHS Boomers on my Strat the other day. I bought a relacement pearl pickguard but forgot to get the strings...so when I was all done later that night I realized it after it was too late. I went to Wal Mart and found a set of Boomers for like $3 next to the First Act guitar section [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They're ok, but I don't think they'll stay on my Strat very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

The expensive dealers around here sell them for close to 7 bucks. No local Walmarts carry guitar strings either,
        They aren't very good right out of the package. after a little while they sound great.

Comment

Re:

I buy my strings in "bulk" from Musician's Friend (which I guess is now Guitar Center since they bought them a few years back)....and they seem to work fine! 12 - 54 !

Comment

Re:

fuck off, a pack of strings costs about 10 bucks over here [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Walmart? Damm, I gotta check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]
              +1 Amazing! what will they carry next! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

DR strings are incredible...
                I get them cheap so thats all I use.. and I didnt used to be able to get them cheap, but still used them, cuz I think they are that much better...
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

to me...
                  dean markley's (signature series) sound the best.
                  DR's (tite fit) feel the best.
                  so i settled in the middle for GHS (boomers).
                  and now that is all i use.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

DR's feel the best
                    EB's sound the best, I use EB's
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                    X