Cheap strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap strings?

Yeah, I know. My Walmart's got them, too. Though, Carvin's still cheaper... they used to be $2.75, now they're $2.99.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use www.webstrings.com - no problems here with intonation or setup, and I recently starting using a peterson tuner (ok, it's the software version) but it works great.

Zero problems with the cheap strings here.

Pete

Comment

I used to use Rotosounds back in the day. For the last 20 years I have been using only 2 brands. Carvin (GHS) and D'adarrio XL's 10-46.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I know. My Walmart's got them, too. Though, Carvin's still cheaper... they used to be $2.75, now they're $2.99.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, hell!!! Now we're talkin' beer money. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Walmart? Damm, I gotta check that out.

Comment

I uses webstrings too, being using them for 2-3 years.

Fong

Comment

I have always used Ernie Ball Slinky's. They are the best in my own opinion but to each his own.
                This space for rent

Comment

Webstrings are great - I never had any problems with any of their strings.

Comment

I started using the EB pure nickel "classic" strings a couple of years ago and have had no issues.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Another Webstrings user here, just ordered 30 packs today actually.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Webstrings?..... Hmmm.

Comment

I've used dirt cheap blowout strings from time to time. Some are OK, some suck. Actually, I don't mind those Darco strings that are usually in the cheapo junk bins.

Comment

I use Everly strings. They are great, and last awhile. Make sure to get the B52's, over the shitty ones, the B52s are great. I know Everly winds their own, so there's another company you can say that winds their own.

Comment

If you order strings from same day music, they are free of shipping and tax and are typically dirt cheap anyways.

I pay like 3$ for a pack of boomers.

Comment

Re:

I'll admit I put a set of those GHS Boomers on my Strat the other day. I bought a relacement pearl pickguard but forgot to get the strings...so when I was all done later that night I realized it after it was too late. I went to Wal Mart and found a set of Boomers for like $3 next to the First Act guitar section [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They're ok, but I don't think they'll stay on my Strat very long.
                                E = Fb

Comment

Working...
                                X