JE-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JE-1000

Like I said in an older post, if anyone can get me a good or bad one, I can probably draw up the schematics!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I reverse engineered the entire JE series of preamps to schematic drawings a few years ago becasue I was considering teh same thing..... I´ll see if I still have the resilting diagrams flying around somewhere... but it´s really not that much work to do yourself, the circuits are actually pretty straightforward if you have a bit of electronics knowledge.

BTW: as long as you´re not SELLING them, there´s nothing JCMI or FMIC can do about it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

How about giving them as "gifts" with a bunch of postage?

Comment

Another question:do the JE 1000 work well with EMG pickups?Nobody tried?
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Alexi Laiho uses the je-1000 with a emg hz and it sounds as good as with his j50bc, but wont work with active p/up's, just in case you didnt know

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Alexi Laiho uses the je-1000 with a emg hz and it sounds as good as with his j50bc, but wont work with active p/up's, just in case you didnt know

[/ QUOTE ]
              In other words, he has a Jackson JE-1000 preamp inside that sleasy ESPiss of his. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

/* EDIT */
              Hmmm, I wonder what my RR would sound like if I added a JE-1000 to it... The Dimebucker is a fucking beast just by itself!

Comment

I have the schematic. Enter google and type "cool schematics"(with the "s) and tap "I'm feeling luck". There you go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (at least I think that's it)
                Just a question now...what is the sound character of the je-1000? What will change when I wire it? Does it sound good with non jackson pups? Whatever, lecture me on em, please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Hey Hylian, here is bloodyscalpel from the cobhc board! What a small village the internet is haha

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have the schematic. Enter google and type "cool schematics"(with the "s) and tap "I'm feeling luck". There you go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (at least I think that's it)

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Cool page, but the only Jackson related thing I could find on there, was a "Jackson mid-boost"...which I suppose would be a JE-1200...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Just a question now...what is the sound character of the je-1000? What will change when I wire it? Does it sound good with non jackson pups? Whatever, lecture me on em, please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Hey Hylian, here is bloodyscalpel from the cobhc board! What a small village the internet is haha

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Hey there man! Yeah, a small village indeed!

Thanks! I'm going to check out those schematics now!

Comment

Working...
                    X