Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sound finetune KAHLER

[ QUOTE ]
    If I remember correctly, the steel rollers only came on the "Pro" version. Is that correct? Also, can you really expect that big of a sound difference going from brass to steel rollers? I'm pretty sure my ears would hear more of a difference between strings, amps, eq, and effects than the rollers on a Kahler. Course...my ears aren't what they used to be! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, "Pro" fixed Kahler = 3310.

It does make an audible difference. It brings out the harmonics and slightly adds to the hi-end.

Comment

So, it's not 30$ worth?! Plus shipping to EU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        So, it's not 30$ worth?! Plus shipping to EU

[/ QUOTE ]
        For me it is worth it. My Korina KV-1 had brass rollers originally, I changed them out to steel I like my sound a lot more now. It is a small difference, but it is important for me.

Comment

Definately a noticeable difference. I've heard a lot of people say that Kahlers are too mid-rangey, or don't have the bite of a Floyd. Steel rollers cure that right up.

Comment

Cool. Cause its really too mid-rangey. With old strings somehow even sounds like Nylon.
            BTW: do U think that Kahler have alot of...well lets say Harmonics? I have it directly mount and think all the contact surface gives a certain...
            I havent a TOM guitar to compare, though

Comment

I think harmonics has much more to do with wood and pickups, but I do know that Kahlers add a whole lot more beef to your sound. They're a big hunk of metal sitting on top of the guitar.

Comment

Brass is more midrangey sounding, and since a Kahler is mostly brass, it will always have a more honkey mid sound even with the steel rollers. The steel rollers add a little bite. You could change the cam to steel for even more bite. I'd love to hear the new aluminum Kahler, I bet it has a much more open sound than the brass version.

A OFR is mostly made of steel, except for the block. It's naturally going to have a more bitey, screaming harmonic sound, but the tradeoff is loss of beef and lower mids, especially if it is floating.

Apples vs. Oranges I guess.

Comment

I just swapped out my brass rollers for the steel ones and there was an incredible difference. Much more bite and high end. a great upgrade...

Comment

cool, i'll have to try it! Hopefully the guitar keeps its soft attack

Comment

i swapped the brass rollers with steel ones and it made my guitar sound thin and disturbingly bright to such extend that it exceeds the benefits of increased definition for me.

it's definately not an upgrade if you want a balanced sounding guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X