APC pickups?(Adder Plus Corp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APC pickups?(Adder Plus Corp)

Yet your John Sykes Edwards Les Paul is riddled with chrome. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Yet your John Sykes Edwards Les Paul is riddled with chrome. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Exactly. I don't think chrome covered pickups would go well with the chrome bezels. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Also I heard something about these pickups being "taller" than standard and might require some extra routing to be able to "sink in". Is that true?

Would I need the slimline versions in my LP? If I do, are they exactly the same pickups?

Comment

The impression I get about the slimline versions is that they're exactly the same pickup but in a shorter housing so that they're not as tall. I cannot confirm that though... and I don't want to have to route my precious Shannon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dropped into my 750xl with no issues.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Dropped into my 750xl with no issues.

[/ QUOTE ]
              What pickups did you go with for that? You have APCs both on the bridge and the neck?

Comment

Just one. Persuader Lead in the Bridge. I'm most likely gonna move it to my Roswell Pro -- gotta set of Rio Grandes on the way for the 750...
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

In my SL2H, I've got a Persuader Lead Custom bridge and Persuader Lead neck. I had to route the neck pocket a bit to get the pickup down to the right height. I believe, as mentioned above, that Mel can make some that are a bit shorter.

Regardless, these pickups absolutely rock - you won't be disappointed.
                  "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I am surprised because Mel actually answered my e-mail! I thought he didn't use the computer? In any case as it looks like I am ordering slimline versions of Felony X and Persuader Lead Custom. It is all going to be 195 dollars including shipping. I think that is a great price considering 2 new EMGs can be gotten for 150 dollars cheapest(with LOTS of haggling [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). I have a strong gut feeling that these gonna rock!

Comment

i think you will be very impressed.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        i think you will be very impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I believe so. What pickups do you use? In what guitar?

Comment

I was browsing ebay for Adder and APC. I came across this user "8cylinders". His name is Les and nowadays he sells APC pickups factory-direct on ebay. He is also very helpful with all sorts of questions too. They have most of the pickups in stock and Les says others they can put together in a week. They also accept paypal. This should make things a lot smoother for people who found reaching APC bothersome in the past.

Comment

I only see a few pickups in stock. But anyways, this has to be the first instance I've come across of someone FINALLY selling APC pickups on Ebay. I typically check once every few months or so, just in case.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I only see a few pickups in stock.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I can assure you he doesn't have all of them up on ebay now, but he has a lot more pups than that. He sells from the factory directly also and says it takes them a week to assemble the ones they don't have in stock.

So if you guys are looking for any of the APC pups, make sure to ask Les aka 8cylinders if you don't see it on ebay. He hooked me up with a Persuader Lead Custom and it is not on ebay.

Comment

I officially ordered a PLC and a Felony X. They should be with me before next week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I opted to not go with slimline for this time, I hope this doesn't cause me any problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X