A few problems with the model 1a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A few problems with the model 1a

Yeah... But it does feel different and my hand is on this part of the neck a lot... It doesn't feel great at all :s And it looks ugly and worrisome (difference between color and neck that visible).

Comment

Looks like the wood is pretty dirty.
      If you're not comfortable with it, I would have it sanded to a uniform texture and then you can decide to oil it or have a new clear coat put back on.
      Also, sanding it should take care of the cosmetic color differences as well.
      -Rick

Comment

Whoa, Ive got that same exact guitar. 1988 Model 1A in that Red color.

I wouldn't worry about the neck. What it really needs, are some Dimarzio humbuckers. I borrowed a Dremel from my friend and cut the pickguard to hold a H-S-H master vol and master tone configuration. Ive got a Super Distortion and a PAF Pro in there now, the stock Jackson single coil is still in the middle, works fine. Its got a swimming pool route, so, modifying was pretty easy as far as I remember.

Comment

Haha no, that's being planned, I'll have a custom made matte black pickguard routed for 2 slanted single coils and I'll have a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in the neck and a DiMarzio Fast Track 2 in the neck, and the wiring will be totally new [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          How do you know it's an 88?
          I'll ask the local tech Saturday for how much it'd cost to have it sanded off and clear coated again. It seems that it'd take care of all my problems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont know for sure if yours is an 88, but I know mine is.

basically
            86'=no plastic spacer behind neckplate, "TM" on the neckplate and headstock after the "Charvel" decal.

87'=no plastic spacer, but a regestered trademark "R" in the place of the "TM"

88'=YES,plastic spacer, AND "R"

Comment

Here's mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine has a plastic saver too! W00t! Same year as my model 4 then. Too bad it's not one from my birth year (86).
                Nice one!

Comment

Working...
                X