Guitar strings wrapped backwards around the post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar strings wrapped backwards around the post

Ive gotten some charvel pointies in over the years where the 3 low side strings were wound correctly and the 3 high ones wound backwards...
    took me a while but finally came to the conclusion they were trying to overcome the steep headstock angle on the 2 last strings winding them backwards took some of the side pressure off the nut...

weird....

Comment

You can't make a blanket statement like that without seeing the design of the headstock. Unique desgn does not mean misalignment. If you look at the pictue of the Rand, you can see that the only string that wouldn't benefit from a reverse wind is the low E. This is a design issue, not misalignment.

Comment

Most 6-inline heads I've seen (like Jackson) have a tuner alignment such that if you wound the strings backwards they'd rub against the adjacent tuner.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

On my reverse headstock guitars I always wind the high E string to the left (facing the headstock) and the rest to the right. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does that.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Most 6-inline heads I've seen (like Jackson) have a tuner alignment such that if you wound the strings backwards they'd rub against the adjacent tuner.

[/ QUOTE ]

And OF COURSE everyone on the Jackson (aka. pointy-ass guitars for Metalheads and such) forum assumed you meant exclusively Inlines and not Hockey sticks [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Guitar strings wrapped backwards around the po

This makes perfect sense to me....I open bottles with my left hand and close them with my right so this sounds like a great explanation...It's easier for your thumb to push forwards then it is for it to pull backwards...

Comment

Working...
              X