X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probs with JE1200 - help needed

this is GREAT!!
    thx a lot!!

I was able to get rid of some faults, should be able to work now.

I'm about to get it in!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    thx!
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

No prob dude, let me know how it works out. =)

Comment

alright. guess it is blown... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I checked every connection over and over, and I'm sure to have soldered correctly, but still no signal. just loud hum coming out of it, but no tone at all.
        guess I bought some dead parts here.

let me know, when you are about to part with yours, I'd have interesst. once you spend some hours on soldering such a thing in, you get curious to hear it, ya know? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thx for your help anyway!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That sucks man. =(
          Slap the seller with a neg!
          I will send you an e-mail as soon as I get word on where my EMGs are.

Comment

alright, so here we are again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            somehow this won't work out really.

sunbane was really awesome and sent me his unit as a replacement for my broken one, but I still won't get it working.

I soldered it in with care and checked every connection more than once with the multimeter and everywhere is a clean signal and it's isolated where it's supposed to.
            still no meedlymeee though... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

here's what I did;

excuse my guitar beeing dirty, I will clean it up once everything is working again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyway, as you can see, I took the back of the mid-boost-control-knob as the main point for ground.
            the wires soldered to it, is one wire coming from the input jack, two coming right from the JE, one from the PUs (green and bare each) and one from shilding of the PUs and TOM.
            the black wire's from the PUs are connected to the selector, which leads to the white wire on the circuit.
            the battery is connected to the middle ring of the stereo jack to connect it to mass as it's plugged in, and the red wire in middle position of the pot is going to the highest position on the input jack.
            just everything like it's supposed to be.

so why is it still not working?

some weird things I mentioned is that sunbanes circuit seems to have a different pot on it as the one I bought from that eerrmm... guy, in ebay.
            the old one had a 25k pot on it, sunbanes is 50k.
            his one has been working when he shipped it, so I guess his one is right, but how can that be? just out of curiousity...

and which pot am I supposed to take as the mid boost control?
            right now I have the pot in use that came along with my damaged JE. and it's impendance is somewhere about 18k?!
            you think it's possible this is the source of my hazzle?

I took the tone pot out of the diagram as well, since I don't use it, but this is not any problem I guess...

would be great if you could have another look and post your suggestions if you have any.

can't be true I'm not able to get that thing to work? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            thx and best regards///micha

Comment

I just remembered one thing about mine (keep in mind that I know next to nothing about these types of J/C electronics...);

When I had it in my Charvel (fully functional and all), the pot on the circuit was working as the volume control, while the other pot regulated the mid boost. I don't know if this is normal or not(?). The tone control was disconnected in my guitar as well - this mod was done by the previous owner, but I couldn't see any evidence of soldering being done on the board.

Comment

The pot connected to the circuit board should be the volume, and 50k is the correct value, iirc. Not sure about the specs of the actual midboost pot, but if all of your connections are correct, it sounds like it may be the source of the problem.

Comment

Just checked the pots in my Model 6. Volume: A50k, Tone: 250k, Boost: B50k

Comment

hey, this is awesome!! thx for your help!
                    now I just need to get another 50k pot.

you think a weak pot could cause issues like I discribed them?

actually the circuit seems to be working fine, but I have way too much noise and the output is close to none.
                    on high gain channel the sound is like it's supposed to be in clean channel (except of the noise... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and on clean I hear nothing.

well, I'll give it a try with a new pot in it.
                    thx again!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    ///micha

Comment

got it!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      am I slow or what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I managed to get some 50k pots finally and started soledering again last week, now with the right mid boost control and banes working circuit.

still the probs seemed similar (not THAT bad) to what I had before and I had to resolder it two times to finally mention that the input jack was broken. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I did some of my personal best solderings ever on the input jack, to make it solid, and really never thought about this could be damaged at all...
                      there is a little plate right under the longest contact, which gives contact to the hot point, as long as now cable is plugged in. then the contact is pushed a little and loses this little plate I didn't mention.
                      actually this jack used to have four soldering points instead of the usual three on a stereo jack, but one was broken off very clean, so I did not see it at first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

still got not clue what this could be good for, but anyway, I got it replaced and now it's screaming great!! I got it into my snow white JRR94, tuned it straight to C and got a real mad death tone now. the JE1200 pushed the sound nicely IMO!

so problem solved. just wanted to let you know!
                      thanks for your help again everyone///micha

Comment

Hey that's great! =)
                        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

COOOl, finally got it working... this is the same Pre we were talking about some time ago via ICQ, or? Great news [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X