No announcement yet.

scalloped fretboards, your opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: scalloped fretboards, your opinions?

well if you are in the neighbourhood you can try some out (I live in alkmaar)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Why the 10th fret?

[/ QUOTE ]

cause thats kind of the natural point where you dont play chords any more i guess. THats where most of my soloing occurs . And george lynch had it on "mom" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

I personally would do the upper frets instead of the entire neck. I've seen guys just do 15th on up too.

Comment

YJM or not, I could never get into the feel (I need to feel fretboard, even if it is just a ghost because of tall frets).
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i would try one first. it is an acquired taste. it WILL force you develop even pressure of your fretboard fingers if you play one long enough. i personally love scallops [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] i played for 3 years on nothing but a couple of scalloped axes and i can tell where my technique benefitted from it.
            i have done quite a few for friends and i currently have 3 that i did myself.

MOSH ON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
            X