Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I DID IT!

This is pissing me off [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It's frikking sprinkling outside, which means I cannot get out there and recoat the body, and can't finish sanding down the next one on my list. It's not a heavy rain, it's just enough to screw up bare wood and any fresh paint. I've had the last 7 days off, and all I've managed to get done is a half-assed partial refin, and now with one last day off before going back to work, I'm at a point where I can finish one project and start on a new one, and it's fukkin raining [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: I DID IT! Page 2

Just put up page 2 of the Killer project, which is now officially dead.

http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/Pai...ler/page2.html

Once I get the other body sanded, I'll post about it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I'm sorry it didn't work out, Newcenstein! Better luck next time buddy! What you had already look incredibly bitchin'! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I can still do the top, and probably will redo the back, but probably not for another 2 weeks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

something to consider with rattle cans is that you shouldn't use them once they're 1/2 empty. the mixture is different, and it won't come out as evenly. so yeah, you have to buy twice as much.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Unreliable weather is the reason I used my basement for my refin project a couple years ago. Of course, my lungs got several coats of color and clear gloss before I decided to use a respirator. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Regarding the drill/buffer... spend $25 or so at your local wal-mart and buy a high speed random orbital buffer. I have one, it works SO much better than even my $60 Craftsman buffer.

I've owned 'drill buffers' before. All they seemed to do for me is leave circle scratches in the finish...

Pete

Comment

He Newc, i bought the same ebook as you, you said a couple of post back that you were not satisfied with the shine of the body. but reading the ebook i think that 'magic' happens in the buffing stage no ? with that 3m stuff taking the clear coat back and Then polish it up, or is that what you did ?

cheers, arno

Comment

Yeah I messed that part up - I only had maybe 4 thin coats of clear (probably TOO thin) plus I only waited 48 hours instead of the 2 months it says in the book, plus I didn't wetsand for the recommended/suggested time he says to - I gave it a few minutes with 320 and 400 grit paper, then jumped right on the 3M and 'tarded it up with the drill buffer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do it like it says in the book.

Thanks for the tip on the buffer Pete [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Patience, grasshoppah! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Patience, grasshoppah! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                        X