No announcement yet.

Real Floyd Rose advise - which is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real Floyd Rose advise - which is best?

Carvin sells original Floyds. Warmoth Sells Originals and Schallers (aka. FR II, warmer tone and slightly less responsive feel due to different baseplate.), Stewmac sells Schallers.

BTW, for those that may think everything Imported is crap: The Original Floyd is also manufactured here in Germany by Schaller, very similar to Jackson and Charvel being built by the same people but being different in the public´s eye [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, the "original" is the one.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Interesting post by Tom Anderson. My Suhr has an OFR and the quality is not as good as the Schaller on my '90 475.

04-23-2005, 02:31 PM
        tom
        Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire

since the early 80's floyds have been made by schaller. we have to disassemble evry one to make them work. schaller is not what they used to be. the father died and the son ws killed in a car wreck a few years ago, and they have not been the same. the ofr is still the best out there, the kahler steeler is still my favorite. it had it's weirdness too though.

Comment

I have a Schaller I bought from stewmac 15 years ago. But for this guitar (I think most have seen it - my bare wood ESP neck thru body) I want the best.

The Schaller I belive is most similar to a FR II, since it has knife inserts. Is that right?

Comment

Working...
          X