X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFR Stud mystery (PICS!)

[ QUOTE ]
    Dave,
    Cool pics, and that looks more like what I see on my other guitars. I've managed to get these two pics, which show what I'm looking at:

Like I said, I've never seen this on an OFR stud before.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is strange... almost as if they had started the proper size hole, but decided to finish it smaller [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Sully, that's exactly what the studs look like on all my other OFRs...

I'm going to try to track down a key which fits the middle screw and see if it turns independantly - I'll report back!
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well, I can't find an allen key to fit - have begged and borrowed (not quite resorted to theft yet!), but I'm getting nowhere. I'm leaning towards the machining theory, as the combined font of knowledge here has never heard of anything like this before!.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Do any of you jackson users upgrade your guitars with locking ibanez studs? This little hardware bonus along with the trem bar design is why I always felt the edge tremolo system was superior to other floyd designs. Any input on this? I understand that being an ibanez lover im sitting on the wrong side of the tracks but any input would be welcome

Comment

Working...
          X