String tension problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: String tension problem

You're asking for the impossible buddy. I am have worked with strings in all drifferent gauges, from all different brands, and I have been playing tuned to C for several years. There is NO set of 9-46 strings that will have any sort of useable tension tuned to C. Accept that fact and either get heavier strings(I use 12-60), or tune up.

Otherwise you can go ahead and buy a pack of 9-46 strings from every company on the planet, and you will just end up broke and disappointed.

Comment

Damn! And I thought 10-46 tuned to E standard are too floppy. I use 10-52 in standard tuning....I can't even imagine what 9's tuned to C would be like.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        the strings that came on my jackson were 9-42 and were very tight and worked great but sounded like ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand this correctly, you are saying the original strings on your Jackson were playable in C, but sounded like shit?

If so, you need to first find out what type and size of strings those were. Don't assume they were OEM from the factory (unless you got this right from the factory). I'm guessing someone swapped them with 10s and you went back down to 9s.

Comment

If you want to play that low tuning buy a baritone guitar. If the strings you originaly had on played in C they were probably old and shot that would explain why they sounded bad. NO strings gauge even 10-46 are going to work and that lite of tension will cause a back bow in the neck.

Comment

Working...
          X