Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My guitar stinks!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Start smoking and you will not notice it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] J/K

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I noticed the old SKB "Chainsaw" cases had that "stench of piss" in a lot of them!

[/ QUOTE ] Same here. The first time I bought a Charvel off Ebay, the chainsaw case smelled like a cat pissed in it. But after a few guitar purchases, I have to believe it's those cases.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I noticed the old SKB "Chainsaw" cases had that "stench of piss" in a lot of them!

[/ QUOTE ] Same here. The first time I bought a Charvel off Ebay, the chainsaw case smelled like a cat pissed in it. But after a few guitar purchases, I have to believe it's those cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah-ha! Glad it wasn't just me and all the air freshener in the world won't get rid of that smell. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, I had chainsaw cases for my old Model 6 and Model 5A. I never noticed any smell in either. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK, I have a good idea.
            Everytime you go on stage with it, put some perfume on it.
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My case smelt like cat piss too. I've left it open, upright (so the cats can't piss in it - unless they piss standing up LOL!). The smell goes away slowly, but re-groups when the case is closed.

I got $5 back for the case (I asked for $10) because of the smell.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                See usually it wouldn't bother me TOO bad, but it looks like I'm gonna start gigging again soon so I want all the girls to stand on my side of the stage, but I am afraid that the smelly guitar will repel them! Thanks for the info though, I'm gonna try it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're gigging in bars, that's probably where the guitar picked up the smell to begin with. I'd say don't sweat it. When I was teching for a band, I'd bring a guitar or two with me as backups, when I got them home they smelled like cigarette smoke. And that was just from one night!!

[ QUOTE ]
                I've left it open, upright (so the cats can't piss in it - unless they piss standing up LOL!). The smell goes away slowly, but re-groups when the case is closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cats spray standing up.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

nothing some febreeze can't fix.

Comment

Cat piss? I actually like the Chainsaw case smell. Guess that means I also like the smell of catpiss. Hmm.

Most concerning.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Dude, my gear smells like smoke for a week after every gig. Nothing you can do about that, except leave the good guitars home when you play out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or move to/gig in a more evolved state where no indoor smoking is allowed. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Febreeze seems like a pretty good answer. Having 4 kids myself and a big stupid puppy I can attest that stuff works.
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Febreeze seems like a pretty good answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Febreeze,...the way to go! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                          X