Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage trem users, try this...

[ QUOTE ]
    You can also apply solder to the wraps to ensure they don't slip.

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I do (On V-trems and T-O-Ms)...this fixes the winds against each other, and provides a natural lubricant (flux) in the tailpiece... with the Oil you run the risk of the strings tightening like a Hangman´s noose at the tailpiece (or in this case in the back of the trem block, which is even more of a bitch to rectify [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...but I think this should work just as well for most...I think the "tightening" of the ball-end is the most important factor, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

On a 6 screw vintage trem I always thought the main offenders causing the guitar to go out of tune were the strings binding on the nut and the fact that there is no "true return to zero" point.

Comment

Yo Scuba Steve, not to get off subject but what are you using in your gear setup these days?

Comment

Hey Box!

I use my Recto and either the Les Paul or Wolfgang for guitars, mainly because it would hurt me the least if they were to get stolen at a gig. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a mid-90s Charvel Traditional with Sperzels and a two-point vintage-style trem. I was very pleasantly surprised with how well it stayed in tune. With moderate whammy use, it would stay in tune rock solid. It would even take a couple of dive bombs and return in tune. But it would not be stable with heavy use. And I have yet to experience a non-locking trem that will.

The original post was cool - for VT fans, it would be helpful. And jgcable has a valid point, too. Non-Floyds just do not consistently stand up to frequent and heavy use. And I agree with it - I think he was just trying to clarfiy. (That's probably why all but two of my guitars are Floyds, BTW.) But, like comedy, it's all in the delivery, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Which Les Paul do you have dude? I'm using a similar rig with my Dual Rec and the Heritage H150 that I got from Mr. Graphic, with a few pedals in between.

Comment

It's an Epi Elite Standard. I love that thing! Probably one of the best guitars I've owned, but because it was somwhat cheap, it gets front line duty.

Cool! Rectos are really great amps. I don't understand all the bashing they take. I keep it very simple: Tuner > Wah > MXR EQ > Amp (nothing in the loop). I have played a few shows using my ToneBone for distortion on the clean channel too.

I didn't know you bought a Dual. When did you get it? I have a single.

Comment

I ordered it from Mesa in like February and it came about two weeks ago, we get a pretty sweet discount from Mesa being dealer employees. I got it with the tan faceplate and no vent instead of the diamond plate. Usually I use it with the Hendrix wah, TU2, an Ibanez CS9 and a Line 6 DL4.

The Elite Epis look pretty rad, I'd love to try one of their guitars-I've only tried a bass and those Masterbilt acoustics they make. I think you'd be into a PRS SE series guitar if you tried one too, they're the best imports out there I think.

Comment

Cool, I'm glad you're digging it. Is the whole amp tan tolex or just the faceplate? I'm really not a fan of the diamond plate either... it's kinda played.

I've played one of the first generation SE's with the trem a few years back and yes it was very good. I'd like to check out the P90 thing they've got out now too.

Comment

The tolex is black, just the faceplate is tan. I've never seen one like it before. The Soapbar SEs are pretty rad, but I don't like the pickups in them a whole lot...if I got one I would probably put Gibson P90s or P100s in them, but they play great and I think they look better than my Santana SE. I was planning on buying one until I had the opportunity to get the Heritage.

Comment

Working...
                      X