Ok to leave guitar on stand 24/7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok to leave guitar on stand 24/7?

I use this to keep my guitars in...........

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

cool pic Bob_77. See some Vai Jems, Ace Les Paul and a EVH Wolfie...excellent stuff
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Aren't pretty much all Gibsons nitro finished?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventhough I am a biiiig Gibson ignoree, I can confirm this. They do indeed.

At a local shop in town, the dumbasses stored several guitars on stands and there's discolouration and some reactions on the finish.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Michael, when that kind of repair is carried out on a guitar, the glue actually makes the break stronger than it was before...as in, it's never gonna break in that place again unless it was repaired improperly.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but its just a fear factor.

Comment

If you want to leave them on the stands (especially nitro finishes)...just buy some hanger "bras"...they are like "gloves" for the stands' rubber padding, and protect against this exact thing happening.
            It typically happens with the cheap rubber tubing, and neoprene...either that or replace your stand's rubber with surgical tubing. That cheap crap eats right into nitro finishes in weeks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              cool pic Bob_77. See some Vai Jems, Ace Les Paul and a EVH Wolfie...excellent stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! And yes, I have a Jackson on the way.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] but it's not going to fit in there.........
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Bob_77, I'm seriously digging your collection of Jems. I'd love to see more pics of that PMC. How's the neck on that baby? Thinner than your 7VWH, or about the same? And which is your favorite, if you have one?

Comment

So my Jacksons are safe. How about my 62 RI,02 American Deluxe, and 50th Anniversary Strats?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Bob_77, I'm seriously digging your collection of Jems. I'd love to see more pics of that PMC. How's the neck on that baby? Thinner than your 7VWH, or about the same? And which is your favorite, if you have one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you again! The neck on the PMC is a "little" bit wider than the 7vwh. It has the same profile as the "original" Jems that came out first. (LNG/SK/DY)I love the PMC because there was only 271 made!! I,ll start a new thread of pics of my guitars, I,m just alittle nervous because I dont have my Jackson yet and dont want to get flamed!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But here you go............

Comment

Working...
                    X