Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floyd Rose vs Original Floyd Rose

[ QUOTE ]

The Floyd I got from Scott had "Original" on the box, but not on the baseplate just like Shawn's. There are no differences between the ones stamped with original or with just Floyd Rose. Both are made in Germany by Schaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "original" stamped ones were made beginning in the late 80s/early 90s when there were so many variants of Floyds floating around, even ones made by Schaller, like the Floyd Rose II, which I think that had 2 different versions....a locking and non-locking version. So they labeled their "good" ones as "original", so lay people could know what kind of trem was on there. Then they dropped the label, so we gotta sniff em out as legit or not, though it isn't to hard to tell.

...Except for that laser-etched version posted above. That trem is a little sneaky, as looks like an OFR except for the laser-logo and that thingamajig where the trem are goes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Here's the deal. I got the OFR today and even though the picture on the vendors site was for a "Floyd Rose Original" trem, I got the "Floyd Rose" stamped trem. It's pretty obvious that they are both the same in all respects.

Now the question is, do I put it on the Charvel or put it on the PC-1 and take the slightly pitted one from the PC-1 and put it on the Charvel? I'm thinking I may leave the PC-1 alone and throw it on the Charvel.

Thoughts?
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

put it on the Charvel Jim [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Here's the deal. I got the OFR today and even though the picture on the vendors site was for a "Floyd Rose Original" trem, I got the "Floyd Rose" stamped trem. It's pretty obvious that they are both the same in all respects.

Now the question is, do I put it on the Charvel or put it on the PC-1 and take the slightly pitted one from the PC-1 and put it on the Charvel? I'm thinking I may leave the PC-1 alone and throw it on the Charvel.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be kidding me, after 1729 posts you get an anwser just like that?? Must be nice not to be a noob.... [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
          X