Who the hell sells it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who the hell sells it????

Sorry to hijack...but NOTP, what DiMarzio is that bridge pickup?

Comment

It's a DiMarzio Super 3. I'm soon going to swap it (along with the Duncan Hot Rails) for my APC pickup set that I ordered a few months ago. Why'd you ask? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's how I set mine, NOTP - 2 sets of stairs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I might try Chuckaroo's idea on something - maybe my Agile Les Paul that is basically a Les Paul Standard at Korean prices [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Another example of the two sets of stairs thing on my ESP/Edwards:

Newc, was it you that said you used to line up all the saddles when you were younger so that it would look uniform? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Actually, I find the staircase scheme to look quite attractive! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It's a DiMarzio Super 3. I'm soon going to swap it (along with the Duncan Hot Rails) for my APC pickup set that I ordered a few months ago. Why'd you ask? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just noticed the brass baseplate and darkened allenscrews [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I'm the only one so far I know who mixes Duncans and DiMarzio's, aside from you. Although, that is soon to end. Gotta find a good deal on an SL or RR. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have no problems with mixing pickup companies. Probably the most common instance of this I've seen so far is the addition of an EMG-81 to the bridge position of some guitars, leaving in the stock pickups (usually passive). I generally prefer to keep fully-active or fully-passive, but mixing companies within each pickup impedance is a-ok by me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, this guitar came to me that way with the mixed pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How do you mix it between actives and passives? Do you just leave the stock pots in, and have the knobs work more like an on/off switch for the EMG's, or what?

Comment

I think you have to have separate pots, 25K Ohms for the actives and 250K/500K for the passives. Several topics have been made asking about mixing passives with actives. I just think it's easier going one or the other. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I've seen quite a few people with their saddle evenly spaced and they claim it's intonated. Joe has also posted a few pics of guitars that had "odd" intonation, but he swears it's good [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Didn't you notice that all the saddles were in a straight line on the Floyd I sold you, also? That thing was in perfect intonation even when I went from E to Eb to D.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Does anyone know if the one that fits OFR fits the Schaller trems as well? (I know they're both made by Schaller, but the design is slightly different...) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      StewMac used to sell a set of three
                      sure to have one for every type of Floyd sTyle Trems
                      Original Schaller Ibanez .........

Comment

I already said the different trem type keys that the set comes with, model1. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

nice post chuck.

i'll keep that in mind.

when mixing emg's and passives, you have 2 options to maintian good sound.
                          1) 2 volume pots
                          2) the emg ps2. using the trem pot to balance the output of the pasive with the emg. (when i had this set up i left the ps2 closed up in the control cavity after i set the level to match the volumes. and just left the switch on)
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                          X